EDBU TEAM WISHES TO INFORM YOU ABOUT THE SUCCESS OF THE FIRST DEMONSTRATIONS OF THE DEAFBLIND IN THE WORLD IN BERLIN, GERMANY.
BERLIN, GERMANY – OCTOBER, 4th 2013
The demonstrations that we announced were held on 4th of October in the Centre of Berlin.
More than 200 deafblind people participated in the march for the rights of the Deafblind in Germany. From the beginning of the march to it’s end, the attention of public and media was directed towards the demonstrators, who held symbolic iron balls as representations of the prison of loneliness.
The march, as well as the speeches held in front of the German Parliament (Deutcher Bundestag), made a strong impact and hopefully, will result in agreement between the German Government and the Deafblind Community. European Deafblind Union supported the demonstrations with words of support from EDbU president – Sanja Tarczay.
After a strong statement of the Deafblind was made in Berlin, there is a better chance for brighter future for 2500 to 6000 deafblind persons who live in Germany. The organizers and participants should be proud for undertaking this great step in gaining recognition for the Deafblind in Germany.
The following links show a part of media coverage in Germany:
- Taubblinde demonstrieren für Anerkennung ihrer Behinderung
- Taubblinde demonstrieren in Berlin für mehr Unterstützung
- 200 Taubblinde demonstrieren für mehr Rechte
- Taubblinde demonstrieren für bessere Versorgung
- Schwarze Luftballons gegen Isolation
- VIDEO-LINK Taubblinde fordern mehr Rechte
- VIDEO-LINK Taubblinde demonstrieren für mehr Rechte