Following the EDbU Constitution article VI, section 6.3.4, paragraph h,
The EDbU Executive Committee establishes its rule of procedure:
Article 1: Responsibilities of the Office-Bearers and Auditors.
1.1: The President.
The President shall be responsible for:
- The representation of the EDbU.
- The convocation of the meetings of the General Assembly and the Executive Committee.
- The administration of the EDbU‘s activities.
- The functioning of the EDbU Executive Committee.
- The preparation and presentation of the four-year reports of the EDbU.
1.2: The Vice-President.
The Vice President shall be responsible for:
- Being conversant with the work and activities of the President.
- Undertaking some tasks delegated by the president if she or he is unable to carry out one or more of their assigned duties.
- Deputising for the President in the event of his or her absence.
- Replacing the President if he or she retires before the end of their term of office as President.
- The establishment and maintenance of contacts with European organizations operating in the area of Deafblindness and disability.
1.3: The Secretary General.
The Secretary General shall be responsible for:
- The administration of The membership register and all related matters.
- The custody of all relevant documents.
- The daily correspondence of the EDbU, not related to that of the other members of the Executive Committee.
1.4: The Treasurer.
The treasurer shall be responsible for:
- The financial matters of the EDbU.
- The preparation of annual budgets.
- The preparation and presentation of the annual accounts of the EDbU.
- The fund-raising and administration of the funds of the EDbU.
1.5: The two further Officials.
The Officials shall be responsible for:
- Undertaking any of the assigned business of the EDbU that does not relate to the responsibilities of the other members of the Executive Committee.
- Assisting other Office-Bearers in their assigned duties.
- Providing consultancy related to EDbU matters for EDbU members and others.
1.6: The two Auditors.
The Auditors shall be responsible for:
- The inspection of the activities of the Executive Committee to check that the management of the EDbU works in accordance with the Constitution, By-laws, decisions of the General Assembly, and effective laws.
- The examination of the management of the finances of the EDbU.
- The preparation and presentation of the Auditors’ report to the General Assembly.
The Executive Committee shall have the authority to remove an Office-Bearer or the Editor of the EDbU Newsletter from their role if that person does not fulfil his or her responsibilities, and the executive committee may appoint a replacement for the person who has been removed from office. During one term of the Executive Committee, such a change can be applied to no more than two (2) of the Office-Bearers.
The Executive Committee shall establish such standing committees as it may deem necessary for carrying out the aims and functions of the EDbU.
Article 3: Voting at the Executive Committee meetings.
All decisions of the Executive Committee shall be on the basis of voting by those persons entitled to vote.
Each Office-Bearer has one vote for voting at the Executive Committee.
3.3 : Voting.
There shall be two types of votes: open voting carried out by a show of hands, and hidden voting carried out by secret ballot.
All voting shall be carried out by a show of hands unless a simple majority of those present and voting demands a secret ballot.
The Executive Committee shall have a quorum when at least three Office-Bearers are present.
3.5: Decisive majorities.
All decisions shall be determined by a simple majority of the votes of those who are present and voting.
In the event of a tied vote in the Executive Committee, the President or her/his substitute has the final casting vote.
Article 4: Amendments to the rules of procedure.
The Executive Committee approves amendments to the Rules of procedure. Approval of amendments of this rules of procedure requires two-thirds (2/3) majority of all votes cast in the Executive Committee meeting.
Approved by the Executive Committee meeting in Tuusula, Finland, May 22th 2012.